Welcome to my homepage.
I hack natural language, neural networks, DSLs and compilers. Historically I worked on embedded systems and application development. Bare metal electronics are still a hobby I pick up every now and then.
Apart from engineering I enjoy reading bits of theoretical linguistics and doing accents.
- “DLVM: A Compiler Framework for Deep Learning DSLs”,
Richard Wei, Vikram Adve, and Lane Schwartz
- 2017 LLVM Developers’ Meeting, San Jose, CA, October 2017
- I won the 1st prize at the first Student Research Competition.
- “A modern compiler framework for neural network DSLs”, Richard Wei, Vikram Adve,
and Lane Schwartz
- Accepted to ML Systems Workshop at NIPS 2017
- “A modern compiler infrastructure for deep learning systems with adjoint code
generation in a domain-specific IR”, Richard Wei, Vikram Adve, and Lane Schwartz
- Accepted to AutoDiff Workshop at NIPS 2017
- “DLVM: A modern compiler infrastructure for deep learning systems”, Richard
Wei, Vikram Adve, and Lane Schwartz
- Natural Language Processing & Machine Learning
Engineer, Apple Inc., Cupertino, CA, Aug 2017 -
- Working on Siri’s natural language processing and localization technologies.
Founder and Architect, The DLVM Project, Sep 2016 - Present
- Research fellow, LLVM Compiler Research Group, University of Illinois, Fall 2016 - Aug 2017
- CS 421 Course Assistant, Department of Computer
Science, University of Illinois, Spring 2017
- Designed and led the programming assignement MP6 - Implementing Scheme in Haskell. A comment from a student: “MP6 was my favorite CS assignment of all time. I wish I had more time to do it justice.”.
- Software Engineering Intern, Apple Inc., Cupertino, CA, Summer 2016
- Contributed to Siri speech crowdsourcing tools and NLP.
- Founding member, Nardo Technology, Fall 2015
- Involved in infrastructure setup, engineering, and graphic design.
- Software Engineering Intern, Qualcomm Inc., San Jose, CA, Summer 2015
- Contributed to 802.11ac/ax WLAN firmware.
- Part-time freelancer & contractor, China, 2010-2013
- I took on and initiated many projects in the following areas, while I was
in high school:
- Embedded systems
- Digital circuit design and PCB manufacture
- Smart hardware & wireless accessories
- Graphic design (print): brand identities, posters and events
- Darkroom processing
- iOS & OS X app development
- I took on and initiated many projects in the following areas, while I was in high school:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, May 2017
- B.S. Computer Science & Linguistics
- Bachelor’s thesis titled “DLVM: A Compiler Infrastructure for Deep Learning Applications”
- I was never a fan of taking classes.